Monday, January 16, 2012

{Lovely Bookmarks}

A shout-out to all the papercrafters out there! Although I just love {creating}, paper crafting is by far my favorite crafty passion. Scrapbooking, cardmaking, and miscellaneous 3D type projects/gifts really make my heart flutter. :)
The last several days I've been in a papercrafting frenzy, making projects right and left. In the preschool where I teach, we do a cool birthday idea for the teachers and staff. Instead of buying a traditional gift for each member of the staff, each month there is a birthday bag for each person who has a birthday that month. Everyone is supposed to add to the bag with an item that is only a $1-$2. At the end of the month we have a birthday lunch, and the birthday girls get a bag full of little goodies.
I love the idea, because it doesn't break the bank and often I feel like the little things are the most meaningful.
Instead of flying by the seat of my pants so-to-speak and waiting until the last day to add to the birthday bags, I've been stockpiling gifts for the remainder of the school year. I'll try to do a post for each project, so keep checking back for simple, papercrafting goodness!
Today I wanted to share these sweet bookmarks.
These measure 2" x 7", and the base is made from good ol' cereal boxes out of our recycling bin. :)
I adhered quality cardstock over the cardboard, then sanded the edges. I die cut and embossed the butterflies with a Sizzix Die, added a brad in the center, and some lovely ribbon at the top. On a couple of them I also distressed the edges with chocolate ink.
I adhered the butterflies with sticky strip for extra security. I packaged each one in a cello bag, and tied it with raffia. I will add one more tip and say that for bookmarks, I think you definitely need quality cardstock/papers. I use Stampin' Up cardstock for mine because it really is the best in my opinion. It's very heavy, which you need for bookmarks. Lower quality cardstock is fine for other projects, but bookmarks look better and last longer with heavy cardstock. Just a tip! :) It's frustrating to make something lovely and then realize that your paper is just too thin to stand the test of time. (I've been there and done that!)
 Perfect to add to the birthday bags!
These are really simple to make, and the original I made myself a few years ago still looks beautiful in each book I devour. :)
Any homemade gift says "thinking of you", don't you agree? 
Look for more easy paper goodness to follow. I've been busy!
Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have questions.
I'm linking up over at:
Friday Flair @ Whipperberry
 

16 comments:

  1. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.


    Pesisir
    Pesisir Pulau
    Pesisir Pantai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy sports bra pakistan online from Dshred at easy prices delivered at your doorstep. Get free shipping

    ReplyDelete

  3. I have read several excellent stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The overall look of your web site is magnificent, let alone the content Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, everything is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing data,
    that's truly good, keep up writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou so much for publishing such amazing content.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this marvelous post. I m very pleased to read this article.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is really nice and sound really good

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks designed for sharing such a pleasant idea, post is fastidious

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good day! I would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very quickly this web site will be famous due to it’s good articles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, just wanted to tell you, I liked this article. It was practical

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!